A lot happened over the past decade. As I was thinking about the impact of the past ten years, I thought about some hopes I have towards the next ten.
- Now that billions of people are online and using the same products, I hope that we can use them to help make society even better instead of just profit centers with great margins
- Now that we are seeing the real impact of our climate changing and global warming, I hope we can implement solutions that put the world in a better place for the next decades
- Now that we have seen a massive rise in the income and savings gaps between the wealthy and middle / lower classes, I hope we can reverse the trend and make sure everyone has access to jobs at reasonable income levels, affordable health care, and more, and create more balance
- Now that we have seen the divisiveness of politics due to rising inequality, I hope we can rebuild around conversations that seek a common ground of a better life for all of our next generation
- Now that we stare at a piece of glass all day to access the Internet, I hope we invent new form factors like glasses or hats that augment our reality and bring us closer together in real life instead of distracting from it